Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Chicken and Rice casserole

One of my local grocery stores had a killer deal on chicken this past week. So, I filled up the freezer. Sunday was a bit blustery, so I decided to make use of some of it.

Chicken and Rice

4 chicken breasts
16 oz white rice
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
milk

I boiled the chicken breasts until done and then cut them up into bite sized pieces. When the chicken was almost done I cooked the rice and separately, mixed one can of milk with the mushroom soup and heated it up.

When everything was heated through I mixed the rice and soup together in a big bowl and added the chicken. This was my cheater way of doing it instead of baking it. I served it with vegetables and salad.

A quick and easy meal for a cold day.

(I think I need to resize the pics, will repost the pics later.)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good idea I like the cheater way, I imagine it does not get all dried out either

MaryBeth said...

This is not at all a " Cheater way" this is what I like to call a quick and easy way. Sounds good.