Friday, November 21, 2008

Chili

I will admit that the secret to most of my recipes is that I don't usually use a recipe. Hence, my chili recipe. I just dump stuff in a stock pot and go, but this time I wrote down what I did.

Chili

.81 lb stew meat
1.78 lb ground beef
1 40 oz. can dark red kidney beans
2 40 oz cans light red kidney beans
2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
1 green pepper
1 medium onion
minced garlic
chili seasoning
montreal steak seasoning

I browned the stew meat and ground beef with minced garlic. I love garlic and I probably used at least 2 tbl of garlic in the meat. I also seasoned the meat with chili seasoning, about half a packet, and about a tbl of steak seasoning. When the meat was almost done, I added the pepper and onion and sauteed until done.

I mixed the rest of the ingredients in a stock pot and added the beef mixture. Bring to a boil and then simmer for a couple hours. I served the chili with cornbread (Jiffy Mix).

For some reason Blogger is not uploading pics for me tonight, but I will post the pics soon.

No comments: